Beaches and other fun activities
- The Museum of Illusions, filled with interactive rooms that trick the eye, is a place suitable for all ages and constitutes a perfect activity for a fun family outing in the centre of town!
- The Attica Zoological Park, located about 20 km east from Athens, is home to more than 1,500 animals from several different species. A perfect and fun day outdoors for the whole family!
- Vouliagmeni Lake is a nice change from the beach scene and equally enjoyable and relaxing! With crystal clear waters coming from the sea and thermal springs and a steady year round temperature, you can enjoy a swim with the fish or relax in sunbeds or under umbrellas. There might be an entrance fee to the lake but it will be worth it combined with lunch or dinner on the wooden deck overlooking the waters.
- Take a short road trip and go to the beach!
- Vouliagmeni beach, one of the best organised beaches that offer great outdoor facilities such as a tennis and volleyball court, showers, toilets and changing rooms, a small bar and cafés and restaurants nearby.
- Anavissos, a beautiful seaside town south of Athens
- Alimos beach, a lovely organised beach close to the city centre. You can also check out the Marina Alimou close by.
- Schinias beach, an organised and family friendly sandy beach.
- Varkiza beach in the lovely seaside town south of Athens.
- Glyfada beach, enjoy a refreshing swim in the clear waters and have a drink or a bite in any of the lovely cafés, cozy restaurants or lively bars in the area.