GUIDELINES ON COVID – 19
HEALTH AND SAFETY OUR TOP PRIORITY
After several months of lockdown, our hotels are ready to re-open.
Having as our top priority the health and safety of both our guests and our personnel, we shall implement all mandatory measures for the protection from COVID-19 as they have been protocoled by the Greek government and we shall add some more.
Our general guiding principles are:
- Lower occupancy in order to avoid overcrowds
- Intensified cleaning and disinfection of all spaces
- Disinfectant dispensers around the hotel, on all floors and in-room (as an added amenity)
- Doctor on call on a 24/7 basis, as needed
- Facemasks and gloves available to our guests for use, while in the hotel
- Training of our staff and consequent certification from TÜV–Hellas
- Simplified check-in & check out procedures while maintaining social distancing
- Temperature measurement of all guests entering the hotel
- Only clients with booked reservations and in-house guests will enter the property
Further on, you may find all specific measures for our various departments.
We want to reassure you, that all proper measures will be taken and we are looking forward to welcome you to Amalia Hotels.
- All department heads have been properly trained on dealing with the prevention of Covid-19 and they have in turn trained their staff accordingly
- All staff members will follow proper social distancing and personal hygiene policies
- Temperature of each staff member will be measured at the beginning of each shift
- Staff equipped with PPE and trained in its correct use to guarantee everyone’s safety
- The management will monitor carefully any updates from the local authorities and will implement them as necessary.
- Strict cleaning procedures and disinfection of all public areas
- Rearrangement of furniture to ensure proper social distancing
- Continuous operation of air conditioning and ventilation
- Automatic antiseptic distributors around all public areas
- Marked reminders on protection and prevention measures
- Elevator use only by one person at a time (more if they are family or guests of the same room)
- In accordance with physical distancing, all guests should maintain a distance of 2 meters from each other. Our lobbies have been marked accordingly.
- In order to give us time to prepare all rooms in accordance with strict disinfecting guidelines, check out time will be at 11.00 a.m. and check-in at
- Upon check-in guests written instructions on measures will be provided
- Porterage at the moment is not allowed. Will be provided only to guests in extreme need.
- A proper antiseptic containing a minimum of 70% alcohol will be available at the Front Desk.
- All Front Office employees will work behind a plexiglass separator; they will wear gloves and facemasks.
- All keys, cards and multiple-use items shall be disinfected using UV rays.
- We recommend that guests use contactless credit cards for account settlement and that avoid use of cash money.
- Facemasks and gloves will be available upon request.
- The Front Desk will be disinfected on a continuous basis.
- For the purpose of speeding up the check-in process, the hotel may contact you prior to your arrival for your individual information (name, passport number, nationality, residence address etc.)
HOUSEKEEPING / ACCOMMODATION
- Complete disinfection of rooms upon departure of guests. The process will be repeated prior to next guests’ arrival, using steamers and proper disinfection materials. All materials used are non-toxic and allergy tested
- Meticulous cleaning of rooms upon departure, with emphasis on “difficult” points (doorknobs, switches, remote control, telephone, bathroom etc.)
- All non-essential items shall be removed from the room (i.e. decorative pillows, bed covers, magazines, coffee makers, menus etc.)
- Change of linen and towels on a three-day basis instead of daily, unless otherwise requested by the guest
- Proper fresh air ventilation of rooms upon departure of guests
- All towels will be individually packed
- Although mini refrigerators will remain in the room, all items shall be removed from them
RESTAURANT AND BAR
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available at restaurant and bar areas
- Strict personal hygiene policies for our staff
- Restaurant and bar areas have been re-designed to reflect appropriate distancing
- Room service available
- High standards of food safety and hygiene in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Limited buffet breakfast
WE ASK FOR OUR GUESTS TO
- Maintain social distancing
- Wash and disinfect hands frequently
- Avoid touching eyes-face-nose
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing
- Stay in the room and contact Front Office if they do not feel well
- Follow and respect the floor markings specifically designed to avoid coming into contact with other quests.